We ask the public to follow these rules when visiting the Bodleian Libraries exhibition galleries in the Weston Library. We aim to provide a safe environment for our visitors and make sure that our collections are preserved for the future.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the galleries, including bottled water. The café is situated in Blackwell Hall for visitor refreshment.
- Children are very welcome, but please make sure they are supervised at all times.
- Pushchairs and buggies are welcome in the galleries. At very busy times we may need to limit the number of buggies in the gallery, and this will be at the discretion of the room attendant. Please note that very large double-buggies cannot be brought into the exhibition galleries, due to the narrow walkways between exhibits.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the galleries.
- Large items such as rucksacks or wheeled cases may not be taken into the galleries, due to space limitations. This includes any item larger than aircraft carry-on luggage. Medium-sized backpacks or cases should not be worn on the back or wheeled, but may be carried. Very small bags and day-packs may be carried on the owner’s back. These rules help avoid damage to works on the walls or to the display cases. The room attendant will use his or her judgement on which bags may be admitted, and how they should be carried, to avoid any risk of damage to the galleries, collections, or other members of the public. For guidance, bags larger than approx. 50 x 40 x 25 cm will be excluded from the galleries. We are unfortunately not able to provide any storage for large bags which have been excluded. You must not leave bags unattended in Blackwell Hall.
- Please do not bring wet umbrellas into the galleries. You can leave coats or umbrellas on the coat rack outside the galleries (please note that this is at the owner’s risk).
- You are very welcome to take photographs, as long as this is for your personal, non-commercial use only. We do not allow the use of video cameras, flash and tripods (including selfie sticks).
- You may bring pencils into the galleries. Pens and markers are not allowed.